This course is for anyone who writes correspondence and reports as part of their role, and covers general report writing and letter writing skills. (We’ll also look at email.) You’ll learn about the structure and layout of correspondence and reports and develop a systematic approach to writing both. The course also covers how to adapt your tone of voice to different types of writing, as well as common questions about grammar, spelling and punctuation.
This workshop enables you to produce well structured, user-friendly correspondence and reports. Specifically, you’ll leave the workshop able to:
• define clear functions for the correspondence and report you write
• use your writing to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• structure correspondence around clear messages and information
• draft correspondence more efficiently
• structure reports effectively
• use summaries and introductions well
• edit your work for clarity
• adapt your style to different readers and needs
• develop your skills in grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
This course applies the skills of effective writing in the context of relationship-building, both internally and externally, and of decision-making at a managerial level.
The provider for this session is an external trainer. Once your place has been confirmed look out for invitation to join the session.
Accept the invitation (and be sure to check your spam folder as well in case it has slipped into that) and the session will automatically drop into your Outlook calendar.
Delegates' email addresses as registered on the portal will be provided to the trainer for the purpose of conducting this training only.
Delegates should ensure that their work (not personal) email addresses are recorded - check and update as necessary through 'My Profile and Bookings/Change Contact Details'.
It is expected that this training will be delivered through Microsoft Teams.