This course will discuss your impact on others and developing your personal brand – described as “what people say about you when you leave the room” (Jeff Bezos) and how we can come across in order for people to buy in to you and your ideas.
The course introduces trusted techniques in how to deal with difficult situations and handle conflict in a direct, calm and controlled manner (“Assertiveness”), in order to recognise and appreciate the different communication needs of people.
The course will be highly interactive, please bring your specific examples of having to deal particular situations.
During and by the end of this course you will learn about:
• Our self-image – where does it come from and how right is it?
• The Qualities of Great Image projectors – what do they do that we can learn?
• Building your personal brand
o What do people say about you when you leave the room?
o The importance of brand
o How we judge people
o Defining your own Personal Brand
• Networking – how to introduce yourself strongly
• Getting the Visual, Verbal and Vocal side right
o Fake it till you become it – make people see what you need them to see
o Confidence and body language
o Confidence in tone and Voice
o Saying the right thing – certain and uncertain words
? ‘Big’ words
• What our behavioural styles say about us to others
• Recognise the characteristics of “difficult people”
• Effective use of body language, words and tone
• Examine techniques for changing behaviour – both your own and that of difficult people
• Convey your meaning assertively without infringing the rights of others
• Dealing effectively with difficult situations
By the end of the course you will feel equipped to work more effectively and productively with others by making changes as necessary to your personal style.
The provider for this session is an external trainer. Once your place has been confirmed look out for invitation to join the session.
Accept the invitation (and be sure to check your spam folder as well in case it has slipped into that) and the session will automatically drop into your Outlook calendar.
Delegates' email addresses as registered on the portal will be provided to the trainer for the purpose of conducting this training only.
Delegates should ensure that their work (not personal) email addresses are recorded - check and update as necessary through 'My Profile and Bookings/Change Contact Details'.
It is expected that this training will be delivered through Microsoft Teams.